Quick boiler questions about prices and differences - thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, many thanks in advance for your help.

I've been quoted for having a new combi boiler installed:

Vaillant Eco Pro 24 £1725
Worcester Bosch 25si £1850

First question is, I've got a 2 bed house with 1 bathroom plus washing machine and we might get a dishwasher. Will both of these be ok for the job? The flow rate is low on the Vaillant (9.4), should I upgrade to a 28 (11.5) or go for the WB (10.2). Is the flow rate the thing that matters if I want a good supply of hot water?

Second question is that on the internet the price difference between the WB and the Valliant 24 is about £200 but the quote I've got is only £125. Is that right?

In general are the 2 ok and any preferences?

Also, am I right in thinking the Vaillant has a 1 year guarentee and the WB a 2 year guarentee?

Many thanks:)

Sponsored Links
I've been quoted for having a new combi boiler installed:

Vaillant Eco Pro 24 £1725
Worcester Bosch 25si £1850

Thats a fair price.

Will both of these be ok for the job?

Depends on how many people in the house and if you are likely to run more than 1 tap at a time. The installer will (should) have thought about this. Generally a 24 would do you but if you like get a 28 or 30. You'll still not be able to run 2 taps at the same time without noticing.

Second question is that on the internet the price difference between the WB and the Valliant 24 is about £200 but the quote I've got is only £125. Is that right?

Generally installers don't buy the materials from the internet and will have quoted based upon his terms with the merchants. The prices you see on the internet may be cheaper than the installer is paying :eek:

In general are the 2 ok and any preferences?

Both are decent boilers, not really got a preference but if pipes running upwards it would be a WB for me - installer thinking. Also WB controls are easier to install.

Also, am I right in thinking the Vaillant has a 1 year guarentee and the WB a 2 year guarentee?

Yes. Ecotec Plus 2yr but bit more expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back