Urgent boiler recommendation required

The gas meter is in a cabinet just outside our kitchen. The pipe runs 3 meters in a straight line to the boiler through a hole in a wall and raises 1.5 meters vertically from the floor to the boiler inself.

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised 22mm isn't big enough.

You do mean copper, not steel?

Yes, it's a copper 22mm pipe. This was suggested by a sales person who said the installer would be able to advise exactly whether this needs to be increased or not. He also said that it might be the case with WB 25SI or CDi 28 Compact but not Vaillant's.

Trying hectically right now to get the last quote in. Just sent pictures to an installer who I liked very much because of the way he explained things. He leaned a bit towards Vaillant’s but not much. He is also accredited WB and Vaillant installer which is good.

Choosing a boiler is one thing but getting the right installer is more important. Unfortunately, there is no one to get a recommendation from, so trying to do as much home work as possible.

On a light note, would a picture of a bunny on a boiler be a good reason for getting one as my slightly chilly kids seemed to like the idea a lot.

Sponsored Links
I bought a Vaillant because it has a stainless heat exchanger, and I don't trust aluminium ones.

That mistrust may be misplaced though.

Oh great! One more new thing to investigate - whether to get a boiler with a stainless steel heat exchanger or an aluminium one. I did not reliase they had heat exchangers made from different materials and that it might be important.

Will do a quick search of the forum posts. Thanks for mentioning.

I am pretty much decided on Vaillant ecoTEC 831 now and just hope the installer will be good. Waiting for the final quote right now.

Thanks to all who reassured about overall quality of both boilers. I feel much more confident going ahead now.

FWIW, the F75 fault has been sorted now, apparently a lot of the time it was caused by the system not being flushed properly.

Thanks, David. This is very good to know and reassures me even further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back