Vaillant Combi Boiler service cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

I had a new boiler installed a year ago. It's a Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 24 Combi Boiler. Should I be getting serviced after 1 year? Or will it be ok for 2-3 years?

If it should be serviced, what's a reasonable price for London? I've been quoted £160 for drain down & and new chemical to be added... not sure what that means...? Is this ok?

Thank you
Charlie

Sponsored Links
should you get your car serviced every year? :rolleyes:

Yes is is the answer, gas appliances should be checked once per year for safe operation

If it was correctly installed by a gas registered engineer who used inhibitor then that person is taking you for a ride. The inhibitor lasts 10 years but is ideally topped up every three years with the SAME type which is why its important for the installer to fit the label from the bottle!

If the warrantee was registered and the benchmark filled in then you probably will have at least two years warrantee but that needs a recorded service every year to retain its validity.

I dont know about others but we charge £55/65 to do a service on a wall mounted boiler. Every three years with that kind of boiler the seals need to be replaced and we charge an extra £25 for that. BUT we only do servicing as and when we can fit it in and dont give timed advance appointments.

Servicing should really be scheduled to be during our less busy times during the summer.

Tony

BUT we only do servicing as and when we can fit it in and dont give timed advance appointments.

So how long does a customer have to wait in for you to turn up?

1 day, 2 days, a week, a month!

What a stupid statement :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
you need to get it serviced to carry on your second year warranty,65 quid is about right,seals should be ok for another 4 years

We charge £88.00 inc VAT.

Vaillant instructions dictate that the heat exchanger should not be opened until the 5th anniversary.

This should be followed unless combustion analyser readings suggest that an earlier internal inspection is needed.

I always replace the seal at approx 3 years.

There is no way I would ever leave it 5 years. I want to know that everything in there is ok.

From the state of most Vaillant HE's after 3 years, I have been proved correct at opening them up before the 5 years, even with perfect FGA readings.

5 years? What a joke :rolleyes:

What do u do on the 5th anniversary buy it flowers to seduce it lol! :D We charge £80 plus the vat an always strip an check coils etc on heat exch an change the gasket

Gas4you, what do you do to the heat exchanger every three years? Brush and rinse out with mildy acidic water?

Or do you just inspect it and charge the customer an extra £20 for the new seal and say "what a good boy am I ?"

Vaillant say the seal must be replaced at least every five years, not, Do not touch!

I service these boilers regularly and must admit it is hard pushed to justify an hours money for 15 mins work.

We all have to earn a living, but do not create myths to justify it. :rolleyes:

I had a new boiler installed a year ago. It's a Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 24 Combi Boiler. Should I be getting serviced after 1 year? Or will it be ok for 2-3 years?

Service recommendations are stated in your manual.

If it should be serviced, what's a reasonable price for London? I've been quoted £160 for drain down & and new chemical to be added... not sure what that means...? Is this ok?

No, it is not. There is absolutely no need to drain the system, unless the installer was a cowboy and did not clean the system properly when he installed the boiler. In that case, the whole system would need to be cleaned as well.

The best way is to ask friends/colleagues/neighbours for recommendations for a good heating engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back