Vaillant Ecotec service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We're getting the 2 year old Vaillant Ecotec 937 serviced next month, I was wondering if whoever services it should replace the burner door seal?

Last time it was serviced by Vaillant it wasn't replaced.

And is it worth getting extended warranty now that the two years are nearly over? The cost is something in the region of £12/month including a service and apparently Vaillant engineers will be used unless there is an unusually high demand in which case the nearest Vaillant approved engineer will be sent out.

Sponsored Links
door seal doesnt need changing. Should last 5yrs unless disturbed.
£12 a month for service and repairs? thats pretty reasonable tbh.

Thanks.

Reference £12/month insurance, it is actually £15 a month with a service and £9 without. Just had a chat with Dad and he is wondering if it actually worth it, saying that if anything does go wrong I should look it up at attempt the repair my self, my only worry is if something gas related goes wrong in which case I would not touch the boiler.

Sponsored Links
most of the faults that are likely to go wrong with that particular boiler will be non-gas related. Kev's probably unaware of your ambitions to become a top gas engineer and therefore not considered any tools purchased would be an investment ;)
A service by a local rgi and most repairs taken care of by yourself may not be a bad idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back