Vaillant 2nd year warranty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just received a letter form Vaillant telling me that to qualify for a free 2nd year warranty my 937 must be serviced by a Gas Safe guy.

The letter goes on to offer me Homeserve service plan for £7.99/month which includes the necessary service and sort of implies that I have to take this out to get the warranty.

Well obviously the service is necessary but is Homeserve necessary too?

Or are Vaillant/Homeserve pulling my plonker?

Sponsored Links
The cheeky bstrds, they're all the same them manufacturers. they want installers to fit their boilers then try to slit their throats behind their back. Get the fella who fitted it to service it for you, and don't pay vaillant anything for your next years cover, just make sure he fills the relevant bit of the logbook in.

One could argue the necessity of a boiler breakdown insurance for a boiler that is under warrantee. :rolleyes:
Vailant is trying hard to alianate themselves from installers; they don't answer the phone for half an hour to an hour whilst you are on hold on their premium rate number, they don't answer emails asking for diagrams, manuals or partnumbers, and now they are trying to poach our customers.
Thank you for reminding me never to install a vailant.
I agree with sooey, get the guy that installed the boiler to service it for you, it will cost you less, and it is always good to have the same chap working on your boiler in stead of a new face every time.

Have to say that's well cheeky!!!! And vaillant the turds getting in with Homeserve, we install vastly more of their boilers and are a big customer to them, more so than homeserve but they ally with them! The cheek

Sponsored Links
Wonderful website indeed, such a shame I only found it this year.
Even though you can get around it, the very fact that vailant (and others ) try it on, is enough for me to bid them farewell.
Especially over the past 2 years it has been a buyers' market; if they want to display an attitude, they can engage in unilateral fornication as far as I am concerned

And to think that the last time I met Keith Mathers, Group Service director, he assured me that customers were not contacted by Vaillant or any third parties.

I know my customers have been and this is just another form of proof.

Look at the bright side, next time you need a good kick in the family jewels, you know where to go, and I'm sure they're willing to help next time you lean over a barrel as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back