Quick downlight loop in/out question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have 5 downlights to install in the bathroom (Enlite EN-DE8), they have in/out loop connections.

I'm wondering will I be able to loop in/out of them all one after the other or is there a limit on how many you can run consecutively?

Thanks any feedback is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone, I have 5 downlights to install in the bathroom.
Are you having to use 5 because the bathroom is enormous, or because fewer won't work because the lights are not actually any good for the job of lighting up rooms?

And are you aware of the things you'll need to do above the lights regarding thermal insulation and vapour sealing?

Sponsored Links
Are you having to use 5 because the bathroom is enormous, or because fewer won't work because the lights are not actually any good for the job of lighting up rooms?

And are you aware of the things you'll need to do above the lights regarding thermal insulation and vapour sealing?

Thanks for the reply, im just replacing old downlights in my parents house but the old ones were different as they didn't have loop in/out and they didn't require an earth, the bathrooms actually really small but it has 5 holes.

Regards vapour sealing/thermal insulation the loft space really needs updating as the felt has holes and the insulation is very very minimal (old fibreglass). I don't think vapour will be an issue if you mean regards getting trapped.

I fitted them today, they look great.

Thanks for the reply, im just replacing old downlights in my parents house but the old ones were different as they didn't have loop in/out
But they were wired with the cable looping from one light to the next?

Just a thought - the loop terminal on the lights isn't for maintaining a lighting circuit loop, is it?

and they didn't require an earth,
But there is a functioning earth in the cables?

Regards vapour sealing/thermal insulation the loft space really needs updating as the felt has holes and the insulation is very very minimal (old fibreglass). I don't think vapour will be an issue if you mean regards getting trapped.
Trapped is not an issue - trapped is what you want.

What you so do not want is warm moist air getting from the bathroom into the cold loft space where it will condense and possibly rot the roof timbers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back