Quick Euro 46 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Before I call an engineer, wanted to see if anyone else had had this kind of issue..

Euro 46 panel, about 6 to 7 years old so not the latest version.

On boxing day got home to full alarm activated, kepypad said "Landing PIR" had activated the alarm, had left bathroom window open so assumed it had somehow triggered from this.

All forgotten about until today, I go to leave and and as soon as i shut the final door (front) the tone changes to alarm mode and say alarm activated on the landing PIR again, tried several times, went upstairs to check, no issues with things in the way.
Go out and leave it, come back an hour later and tried to set again and its fine....

My concern is I'm going away on holiday for 2 weeks and don't want this going off the whole time, I want to upgrade to the Euro 46APP but fitters are reluctant to upgrade and want me to change to the wireless enforcer instead.

All the PIR's are less than 1 year old, they were all changed to the pyronix ones with the blue light, could the landing one be faulty?

Sponsored Links
I would open up your PIR and have a look. Then if nothing obvious swap it with another PIR, if it follows the PIR, then PIR faulty, if it s the landing location then it could be cable related.

Also when id you last replace the panels back up battery, (due every 5 years roughly).

Hello All

Before I call an engineer, wanted to see if anyone else had had this kind of issue..

Euro 46 panel, about 6 to 7 years old so not the latest version.

On boxing day got home to full alarm activated, kepypad said "Landing PIR" had activated the alarm, had left bathroom window open so assumed it had somehow triggered from this.

All forgotten about until today, I go to leave and and as soon as i shut the final door (front) the tone changes to alarm mode and say alarm activated on the landing PIR again, tried several times, went upstairs to check, no issues with things in the way.
Go out and leave it, come back an hour later and tried to set again and its fine....

My concern is I'm going away on holiday for 2 weeks and don't want this going off the whole time, I want to upgrade to the Euro 46APP but fitters are reluctant to upgrade and want me to change to the wireless enforcer instead.

All the PIR's are less than 1 year old, they were all changed to the pyronix ones with the blue light, could the landing one be faulty?

How is this a quick question! It is a question ffs. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Don't even understand why you would swop it for an enforcer ? Swop 46 pcb over ....add wifi/lan module all done !

Hi, I dont want Enforcer hence not upgrading.

I've just spoken with my installer and i'm having a Euro 46 V10, with a wifi card or module.

I then get to keep my keypad downstairs and add one upstairs, which is an added bonus, hopefully if funds allow i can add the Wireless ZEM so i can add a few more PIR's / door contacts to it.

I'm also getting the homecontrol app so looking forward to that

Hi All
Thought id update this, as now have the V10 panel, did as Sparkymarka & secureiam suggested and just changed the main board in the panel, took the engineer about 40 mins I reckon, that included adding second keypad and setting up the app, so far so good, but wandered how i change he text back to my own on the display? the top line now displays random letters not even the company name, i did change it on the last one but that was about 6 years ago.
I've tried in the keypad seeing but its not in there, I have all the nooks but cant find it in any of them.

Funnily enough the system went off when the installer was here, same PIR, he changed the exit time to 45 as he thought the 30 seconds was not long enough to settle the PIR, its centrally located and wind etc from opening the door could have an effect he felt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back