Quick help needing regarding masking tape when painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I going to paint our bedroom tomorrow and wanted to know how the best way to use Frog tape was ( masking tape ) on the walls.

Do I paint the ceiling then give it a few hours and apply the tape on the ceiling so i can paint the walls or does the ceilng need to be totally dry before I can put the tape on.

Any tips would be great

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is very unwise to apply any masking tape even low tack to any uncured paint system.

Dec

Masking tape :confused: as stated, even low tack tape applied over new paint (or even poorly applied old paint) is most likely to peel the paint off when you remove it.

Learn how to “cut in”, it’s the only way; don’t make the mistake of using a small brush, the wider the brush the straighter the line. I usually use the same 4” or 5” brush I use on walls/ceilings (I don’t like rollers) but you will need something smaller for the corners.

Agreed - cutting in is a far better method, and ultimately less time consuming than masking tape.
I prefer a 3" brush and start slightly away from the corner/ceiling joint then as you drag the brush you will find that it can be moved right up tight to the edge and will follow the line automatically - just dont overload the brush.

Sponsored Links
Cutting a clean crisp line with a brush is all about practice and quality of brush the mistake that is often made is the choice of brush, all the sheds sell cheap brushes and all of which say they are pure bristle.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back