Quick payout on car theft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate in East Ham, London, had his Kuga stolen Monday night/Tuesday morning. He’d had it for less than a year and paid £15,000 for it from a dealer. They’ve paid him out today - £15,221. He was expecting it to take weeks at least and he was expecting £12- 13k so he was well pleased. I’ve never heard of such a quick payout on a stolen car before, have you?

Sponsored Links
If it's been found, there's no need to wait or delay the claim.

Fifteen years ago I had a Primera. Going to work one morning on a single track country road I was wiped out on the brow of a hill by a guy in a Shogun.
I phoned my boss who sent a lorry with a Hiab to recover me.
When I got to my work and as I was lifting the car off the lorry with a forklift I was on the phone to the insurance company reporting the damage, it was deemed to be a write off. We agreed a settlement before the car was on the ground and the cheque arrived the next day.
I bought another Primera and took all the new parts I had fitted off the old one before it was uplifted by the insurance company.

Very weird goings on. My mate had the police knock on his door at 1.30 this morning saying his car has been found crashed into a front garden in Ilford with minor damage and has been driven back to Ilford nick and could he come and get it from them - they said it was only showing 18 miles of fuel in it so he should bring a Jerry can. He said no as he was on prescription medication and he'd had a drink plus it’s not his car anymore. He wondered how they knew about the fuel as they must have had a key for the ignition but he had sent both keys back to the insurance company when they paid him out. Anyway this morning he had second thoughts and thought he would go up there and see if he could bring it back for the insurance company but mainly because his granddaughters car seat and buggy was in it when it was stolen and he could hopefully get them back, then tell the insurance company to come and get it. He went up there at 8.30 and they knew nothing about it! They even looked in their yard and it wasn’t there. They then suggested he contacted Croydon or somewhere else it could be but he thought, **** it, not worth the running around and just notified his insurance company to let them sort it out. They said it’s a good job he didn’t get it as he is no longer insured to drive it as it’s not his car anymore. Strange. He's still to get the number plates back (or the rights to them) as he bought the car and the plates for his wife’s 60th birthday present.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Of course he's not insured anymore, the car was stolen and he had a payout, so the car belongs to the insurance company.

Yeah, he knew it belonged to them but was hoping to retrieve the baby stuff. He totally forgot about the insurance.

Ask your mate to sell his house and leave Eastham asap. I don't know why he is still there.
I grew up in Eastham but moved out 16 years ago. It has turned into such a shole because of all these EU scum that have turned up and now practically own the place. An ex work-colleague's female friend was walking on High Street North and her gold chain on her neck was snatched!

It's also not worth having a new car these days as they get nicked and end up in East Europe. I drive a 15 years old car and safely know that no one will even nick the wing mirror off it ;)

Ask your mate to sell his house and leave Eastham asap. I don't know why he is still there.
I grew up in Eastham but moved out 16 years ago. It has turned into such a shole because of all these EU scum that have turned up and now practically own the place. An ex work-colleague's female friend was walking on High Street North and her gold chain on her neck was snatched!

It's also not worth having a new car these days as they get nicked and end up in East Europe. I drive a 15 years old car and safely know that no one will even nick the wing mirror off it ;)
It depends from the area.
Older cars in good conditions are well wanted by back street mechanics who "order" them for parts.

Sponsored Links
Back