quick q regarding drawer alignment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bnq it kitchen and am assembling a 600mm unit with 3 drawers in.
I have put the drawers in place and fixed 2 fronts into position, the top one seems to have gone in perfect but the middle one is dropping to the right hand side.

If anyone could tell me an easy solution I would be very appreciative.

Im assuming the right hand runner must be slightly lower than the one on the left, I measured it all with a metal ruler as I wanted it to be spot on but I guess I went wrong somewhere down the line.

I paid for the soft closing runners and the right one does not seem to be as rigid as the left is this something that could be wrong or am I reading too much into this? thanks for any help, kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links
just refit the runner if you put it in the wrong place..

if it is in the right place, then the front must be off..

and how on earth did you find drawer fronts for a 600 wide unit? they don't make them for the IT range.. I know, I looked.. and had to settle for a 500 wide drawer unit..

Before fitting the plastic cover caps which hide adjustment screws you can align draws which are slightly out.

Sponsored Links
You can get the drawers for the 600mm unit but not being silly and making more money they dont do a pack of drawers for the 600 mm unit, so you have to buy 2 drawer pack d's which is a bridging unit and a 600mm drawer and door pack. You use the drawer which is approximately 150mm and the door is thrown away as its totally useless.
The 150 mm drawer is the top drawer and ideal for cutlery and the other too approximately 300 mm and ideal for larger items such as pans etc.
Thanks mate :D

the remaining door may be of use for a buit in extract to save having to buy a "door pack K"...

and.... you git...:)
never realised you coud do that.... :D

ended up with a 500 drawer unit on mine because they only do drawer packs for 500's...

the stupid part is that the "door" you are left with is the exact same dimensions as "door pack J".. which is more expensive than the drawerline pack you bought to get just the drawer...

:rolleyes:

:LOL: Thanks mate, funny really I would have preferd the 500mm but spacing in our kitchen did not allow it, shame I did not do mine earlier I would have sent you it mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back