Quick Question: Can I Take 2 Lights From 1 Light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like this:

YdEtcEE.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Possibly.

What will the total load be?

What size is the cable?

Where do the cables run?

What sort of cables will you use?

What sort of junction box will you use?

Where will the junction box be?

Do you live in Wales?

There is. It's really ours, we make it there on account of all the water, coal, and lack of concern for nuclear risks, but they steal it.

Sponsored Links
Yes - I read that.

Apparently one day last week (Thur or Fri IIRC) was the first working day since the start of the industrial revolution that the UK had not been powered by coal. (Presumably we don't count people's home fires, or tourist nostalgia steam engines.)

Who here can remember when they last saw a coalman making deliveries? I remember them from childhood, with their flatbed trucks, an old sack tied across their shoulders, but couldn't say when they vanished. Before the milkman, but probably after the lemonade man.

I can remember our coal merchant changing his delivery vehicle from a flat bed that was loaded with pre-filled sacks of coal, for one that weighed the coal directly from the truck in to a sack using some mechanical automated weighing device. A sack was held in a set of clamps and positioned on a small platform suspended from above, (a bit like a child's 'swing') when the sack was full, the weight of it on the platform cased it to drop, which in turn released a lever and stopped the filling process. As a child in the late 1960's I remember being fascinated by it.....Maybe that's why I ended up working for an industrial weighing company for over 20 years....

Sorry OP' I've digressed a bit here. :oops:

Possibly.

What will the total load be?
30W for the flood light, not sure on the LEDs but they are around 5W each I believe.
What size is the cable?
Regular 1.5mm twin earth.
Where do the cables run?
Under the floor. Need about 3 meters of cable to get out of the house. Then an extra 2 meters to get to the lights.
What sort of cables will you use?
Regular 1.5mm twin earth.
What sort of junction box will you use?
Just an outdoor plastic one.
Where will the junction box be?
House wall externally but under a verandah roof.
Do you live in Wales?
Nah.

Does that look right to you?

Does it look like any other posts you've seen in the last year where people quote and reply?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back