Security Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to put a couple of security lights up on side of my house. I have worked out how to continue my upstairs lighting circuit to supply the lights. 2 questions: If I do this, can I wire these lights together ie wire light 1 to the isolator switch, then wire light 2 to light 1? I am just thinking of 150 w floods with PIRs from Wickes or similar.
Question 2: Much easier for me would be to take a switched fused spur from the ring main for supply to light one, then wire light 2 to light 1 as above. Is a fixed fused spur ok, or continuation of upstairs lighting better for breaker cover etc? Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's as good eitherway.

A fused spur from a 32a ring will easier I think and the spur acts as botha switch and a fuse point. Use a 3a fuse.

As for lights parallel circuit from 1st to 2nd, 1st has the switch feed, so both on / off at same time.

Seperate f/ spurs allow for seperate use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back