Quick Shower Room Lighting Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to change the batten fitting for a nicer light fitting. Am I ok to go for any fitting that is IP44 rated. I'm after a flush-to-ceiling type, so no dangly bits!

Thanks.

CG

Sponsored Links
Well - the answer to the specific question you ask is 'yes'.

However, there are other lights which would also be acceptable - including a bare pendant in the correct place.

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming IP44 fittings will be to a higher safety standard? That allows me to let Mrs CG loose on the internet with a target to look for.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming IP44 fittings will be to a higher safety standard?
Sort of.

Things like showers can go in zone 1 if they are minimum IPX4 - splashproof (The X means that number can be anything).

So a light on a ceiling more than 2.25m. high can be any IP if the manufacturer states is suitable for a bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back