Quick-Step Creo laminate any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put flooring down for some rooms but I'm on a tight budget. I've decided on laminate. I was initially looking at the options around £10 per sq m at Wickes and B&Q and found a couple of options. However, a lot of people highly recommend Quick-Step. Initially I thought this was out of my budget but I've now seen Quick-Step Creo (I think it's on their budget end), this is 7mm and it's slightly more than £10 per sq m.

With all else being equal, will the QS Creo be better quality than the Wickes/B&Q stuff? My worry is that the high recommends for Quick Step are for other ranges and do not apply for the Creo. If I pay more for the Creo, then I want to make sure I'm getting a better product than the Wickes/B&Q ones at £10 per sq m.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
£10/sqm is the same quality wherever you get it from.
b&q quality is generally really good to be fair but pay attention to the reviews on their website. there are one or two shockers .

I've often read that Quick Step are probably best manufacturers of lamination. I'd assume that the Creo (even if it's £12 per sq m) should be better than the equivalent priced products at Wickes/B&Q. No?

Sponsored Links
b&q and quikstep.
i’ve actually used the wickes flooring too.
no real noticeable difference in any in my own opinion.

I'm really confused. Loads of people go on about how B&Q laminate panels produced with varying degrees of spec and thus it is a right pig to install. The same people then go on to mention how Quick Step is so much better.

Is it that the cheaper range of Quick Step is comparable to B&Q and the more premium range of Quick Step is far better than B&Q? If not then I'm totally confused.

i’ve not noticed varying degrees of spec on any laminate flooring. it’s normally nonsense excuses from idiots who haven’t got a clue what they’re trying to do.
£15/ mtr quikstep is no better or worse imo than £15/ mtr b&q. if you pay £15/mtr for whatever laminate you’ll only get £15s worth.
if in your mind your’e happier thinking you’ll be having slightly less for your money but want the quikstep name crack on.

Ah okay, fair enough. Definite food for thought. Thanks for the help.

What a load of crap. Quickstep laminate is the best out there. Paying £15 you could get anything.
I could sell a cheap £5 laminate for £15 which I normally sell for £12. I could sell a £10 laminate for £15.

B&Q have a lot of rebranded Chinese laminate. You take a gamble buying it.

Quickstep laminate is the best out there.

I don't doubt it given the glowing feedback I've read. However, they have a range of products from the budget end to the high end. I can't imagine that their budget end is as good as their high end stuff. Therefore, the more accurate question is:
Is Quick Steps budget range (Creo £12 to £13 per sq m) as good as similarly priced B&Q range (GoodHome £10 per sq m)?

no you don’t .that’s complete b@ll@x.
i’ve laid miles of the stuff and only had an issue with one of their laminates.
check the reviews before buying.
like I said at the start there are one or two ropey ones.

see what your saying every laminate you sell from China is perfect. You must of been very lucky with the gear you had. I’ve had loads that are terrible to fit. Years ago I was buying pallets of cheap laminate. After problems we stopped. Not worth the risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back