Quick-Step Creo laminate any good?

Sponsored Links
No. I’ve not said that ?
I just think quickstep is the best, I also sell EGGER , haro, Elka , a couple Of lifestyle and finsa.

If it's going in a high traffic area or needs a little damp protection (kitchen/bathroom) go with Quickstep at ~£18-20 m. You'll not regret it. Cheap is always cheap - OK for a bedroom perhaps. Also, use a good underlay. Do it once, do it right.

I've used a good bit of QS Impressive 8mm and it's great.

Sponsored Links
As above. Our best selling laminate is impressive. Love the new signature as well.

They both have AC4/class32 abrasion resistance. QS is 7mm, B&Q 8mm but QS has 20 year "warranty", B&Q 15 year (FWIW). Personally I would use QS, if for nothing else for continuity in case you need some more - B&Q will not necessarily maintain the same supplier year on year. In any case, the underlay has a huge amount to how laminates feel. If you put a thinner laminate on a squashy underlay on a floor with even the slightest unevenness, it will feel bouncy. My preferred underlay having tried a few is https://www.quick-step.co.uk/en-gb/accessories/qsudltl9_thermolevel, but it isn't cheap. However, certainly with 8mm laminate it gives a nice solid feel underfoot. My 2p as a non-pro but experienced DIYer with a good few floors done over the years.

They both have AC4/class32 abrasion resistance. QS is 7mm, B&Q 8mm but QS has 20 year "warranty", B&Q 15 year (FWIW). Personally I would use QS, if for nothing else for continuity in case you need some more - B&Q will not necessarily maintain the same supplier year on year. In any case, the underlay has a huge amount to how laminates feel. If you put a thinner laminate on a squashy underlay on a floor with even the slightest unevenness, it will feel bouncy. My preferred underlay having tried a few is https://www.quick-step.co.uk/en-gb/accessories/qsudltl9_thermolevel, but it isn't cheap. However, certainly with 8mm laminate it gives a nice solid feel underfoot. My 2p as a non-pro but experienced DIYer with a good few floors done over the years.

That's good info, thank you. Totally get that about the B&Q and not being able to find the same laminate after a few years but I'd imagine that'd be the same with most things. Even with reputable companies, they also discontinue colours/textures etc so you could have the same issue. I guess keeping X number of spare boxes after the job is finished is good practice. If you need more than the spare boxes that you keep then that's probably a good point to replace the whole floor.

Good shout about the better quality underlay, totally agree about this. Even if I go with B&Q laminate, I'd still want to go with a good underlay so I'll check out the one you linked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back