Recommendation for vinyl flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit vinyl flooring in two rooms that are on the ground floor. Both will have a wet underfloor heating system. Both are around 5 to 6 sq m (so not very big). One of the rooms is a utility which will have a boiler, water storage tank, sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and a few other things. The other room will be an office/study.

I'm open to other types of flooring but I definitely don't want laminate as there is a slight risk of spillage of water. And I don't want tiles.

I was originally looking at B&Q luxury click vinyl tiles which are around £18 per sq metre. Add another £4 to £5 for the underlay and I'm looking at around £23 per sq metre for the flooring material costs. However, I'm now concerned of the quality having read the B&Q reviews and was wondering what's the best quality flooring I can get for my budget? Or, how much do I have to increase my budget to get what is a great balance between cost and quality?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Modern laminates can be water tolerant, so don't rule them out.

I can recommend balterio traditions & grande range as they are even suitable for bathrooms, backed up by lengthy warranty.

They also do LVT but it's more expensive, but still a good system.

Modern laminates can be water tolerant, so don't rule them out.
I can recommend balterio traditions & grande range as they are even suitable for bathrooms, backed up by lengthy warranty.
They also do LVT but it's more expensive, but still a good system.

Thanks for replying. My understanding is that the laminates that are water tolerant have a water proof seal. If water does get past the seal then it will cause damage to the wooden core. However, with vinyl it is just plastic so even if water does leak, then it does not do the damage like with the laminate. Even if it could be argued to be as water resistant as vinyl then I'm still not keen on laminate so would like to rule that out all the same.

Sponsored Links
Get glued down LVT. Will last at least 25 years. More prep to do but worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back