Quickslide Sliding sash window mechanism rusting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All
Has anyone else experienced Quickslide sliding sash window mechanism rusting resulting in serious staining of the UPVC frames.

If so any idea of what will remove this staining?

Sponsored Links
Photos?

Solvent cleaner or cream cleaner should clean stains. Maybe Tcut if its really bad

Jenolite clear liquid (not a paste) is a strong acid which will remove brown rust stains. It can also work on impervious materials such as china plates when the glaze is stained. If it is liable to drip or run off, apply a piece of kitchen roll wetted with the acid, and dab on more with a paintbrush to keep it wet. If the mark is slight, rubbing with a moistened tissue or sponge may be enough. Rinse off with plenty of clean water.

Protect yourself from acid damage to skin, eyes, clothes etc.

Try a test area first in case of damage.

Edit
I don't know if the products still include one that is pure acid. Some people say they use coca-cola but I presume it isn't as strong.

My bottle is black plastic and looks like
1889297e-613c-4eda-8648-13333b833262.jpg

but the bottles used to be orange or yellow.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back