Rehau v Quickslide, anyone?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had my sash windows replaced, 10 windows costing £7500, I researched beforehand and learned Rehau had a good name and even viewed some Rehau windows, when my guy came to quote I asked if they were made by Rehau he said yes, he further more provided me with written confirmation.

Since the job has completed (and it was a total disaster but we won;t go there) i have discovered the installed windows are made by Quickslide using a Renaisance frame. i have been back to the company who have advised me it was typing error!

I've looked on here before and notice no-one ever reccomends Quickslide, have I been duped? or have I been suitably charged for a lesser quality window?

What should I have expected to pay, any feedback welcome? thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately some sales people will say anything to win your order - and sometimes they simply do not actually know enough about what they are selling to give an accurate response.

In my experience Rehau has a good name and reputation , although Rehau is the name of the company who make the plastic extrusions which are used to make the window and the companies who make the actual windows vary in quality. Quickslide windows would be considerably cheaper than Rehau and an estimate would be that you have paid probably in the region of £400 per window just for the fitting - eg more than the window itself. For a quality sash window in PVC you should have expected to pay between £900 per frame to £1600 depending on the nature of works.

If you have a written proposal or brochures that you were given by the sales person then I would tackle them on it as this is simply dishonest.

Hi Coxy

I use Quickslide all the time, and ive only once had a problem with them (in 2years). Called them up, sent a engineer to Glasgow, and problem resolved.

The profiles are fantastic, and the staff are a pleasure to deal with(inc delivery drivers).

I think you did pay over the odds (if it was a disastor), but to maximise the window potentiol, internally, there is a lot of angled woodwork required inside for the finishings.

I used initally in my own home (Victorian house, conservation area) and neighbours can,t tell the differance.

Sponsored Links
Over promised and under delivered. I wish I had seen this forum before I engaged Quickslide. After 5 site visits, the job is still not finished. Doors leaking and windows not to the agreed design. Extensive damage to sills, mullions and wooden floors. I am totally frustrated and now they don't respond to phone calls or emails. Wish I had never heard of them

Unfortunately some sales people will say anything to win your order - and sometimes they simply do not actually know enough about what they are selling to give an accurate response.

In my experience Rehau has a good name and reputation , although Rehau is the name of the company who make the plastic extrusions which are used to make the window and the companies who make the actual windows vary in quality. Quickslide windows would be considerably cheaper than Rehau and an estimate would be that you have paid probably in the region of £400 per window just for the fitting - eg more than the window itself. For a quality sash window in PVC you should have expected to pay between £900 per frame to £1600 depending on the nature of works.

If you have a written proposal or brochures that you were given by the sales person then I would tackle them on it as this is simply dishonest.

£900-£1600 depending on the nature of the works??????? You must be a salesman for one the big national companies then!!??
If not please tell me what planet you are on :D

I stumbled onto this thread after googling quickslide to place an order for another window. Since 2009 I have been replacing the sash windows on my victorian house, todate ,I have fitted 24 of their windows to my house and I have 14 yet to go. so it is with surprise that I have read that you have had so many issues. The only problems I have had is one misted sealed unit that was replaced without question and yes, I had one of the end stop caps fall off. Bit a drop of superglue sorted that and , to be honest, this type of issue is not that uncommon with UPVC products. All of the windows were fitted by me as I don't trust tradesmen , so I can say that I know these windows inside out and they all work perfectly. No I don't work for quickslide but I couldn't help but sign up and put a few words down in their defence as I think that you are doing them an injustice. Just one other thing, do you really think that making a youtube video is the right way to go to get this resolved? all you have done is to alienate them and caused them to close ranks. Try working with them and I'm sure both parties will come to an agreement.

I've personally used quickslide once and had no problems. I know many other fitters who also swear by them due to how cheap they are, again no problems.
The stop caps that have all seemed to of levitated need glueing once the frame has been fixed, some fitters lift the stops up to get a fixing in, if the caps are secured on beforehand they would snap with any movement.
None of the trims seem to be sealed!?
Do the top set of doors open in? If so are there drips fitted to the bottom of the sashes??
Do you live near the coast? This sometimes makes the furniture pit!
Most of the other issues are common especially on new builds where the frames get neglected from other trades coming in after installation, dust, sparks, knocks etc.
Depending on the size of the build you could be a year or two down the line before the frames get cleaned up and ready for use, by this time gaskets, trims etc come loose!
Good luck anyway, I feel for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back