Which UPVC Profile?

Ask to see a copy of the insurance policy as some only cover the frames for 10 years the rest will be 5 for the glass and 1 for metallic moving parts, ideally you want 10 for everything, also make sure workmanship is covered for 10 as if the worst should happen and the installer ceases trading then the insurer only mirrors the guarantee.........no more!

Sponsored Links
I am hoping someone could give me advice on choosing a profile for replacement windows?

I have had 3 quotes;

£3000 - Liniar
£3800 - Rehau S706 / WHS Halo Eclipse
£2400 - Synergy

This is for 2 x 5 window bay, 1 x small bedroom window.

I have tried my hardest to research on the net but im still not 100% sure who to go with.

I was leaning towards the Rehau but was told that this window has not been improved for a number of years & so there are better choices on the market.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Can I ask, are these prices including fitting? I've had synergy windows fitted about 2 years ago and I was/am very happy with them.

Sponsored Links
What do people think of having grey window frames (upvc) when its a semi detached & next doors are white?

The whole street is white uovc with the odd brown. Woukd grey look out of place? Im liking tge idea of a more modern looking frame.

Dare to be different!

Download 'your pad' from the app stores and follow the instructions to super impose grey windows onto your house if you want to see what it might look like

Last edited:
They're all pretty good at the moment with not a lot to choose between them all just aesthetics really, its all in the fitting really, a cheap system well fitted is better than a poorly fitted expensive system. Each installer has his favourite profiles he likes to work with, mine are eurocell and halo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back