Quickstep - WTF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been researching my floor for months. My wife is getting impatient and I finally decided on a quickstep signature one.

I just want to buy it from my supplier and they say on the website “quickstep have suspended production of the signature range. Orders can be fulfilled from November”

they....they can’t just do this can they?!! What the absolute *$~!<!.

months I have been planning this and now they spring this on me.

please can someone tell me this is wrong. I thought this was a really well renowned company, who have decided to down tools until winter?

I am upset beyond words. Anyone know why/how/what on earth has happened?

Sponsored Links
Snooze and you lose. What took you so long?

not being a professional floorer and having to research it, plus exams. Lots of exams.

I reckon I’ve jumped the gun anyway, I think that the message was in respect of last year as it estimated a June delivery when I went through the motions to buy it.

just don’t have any idea why a company would shut their production line but I am guessing it was last year due to the pandemic.

Sponsored Links
May have to if it’s stopped production.

as good as quickstep?

Residential guarantee is the same.

Actually isn't it all brands from unilin anyway?

I can also highly recommend discount flooring depot.

Last edited:
Residential guarantee is the same.

Actually isn't it all brands from unilin anyway?

I can also highly recommend discount flooring depot.

I like the signature as it’s water proof, very durable and almost indistinguishable from real wood. If it’s the same parent then perhaps there’s something in their range which would suit.

thanks.

This thread reading it back started with an epic rage :) couldn’t quite believe it when I read that, I was going to march to their office and demand to see the manager

Plenty in the balterio range that also fits those criteria, also they do those extra wide planks that can help with larger rooms.

Take care with your install and make sure to acclimate and then mix plenty of packs, keeping an eye on the banding - much like real wood.

What decor are you after

Wanted the brushed oak natural which is a very neutral light oak with no varnish effect.

have toddlers so needs to be pretty hardcore scratch wise. I tried smashing the sample many ways and the only way I could Mark it was via directly with scissors - even then because it’s light, they don’t really show.

am phoning them this AM so hopefully I can get some. The scratch/water proof and effect were perfect, almost real wood hence I was so annoyed when I saw out of stock, it’s a quality product. The bevelled edges and the click system seem brilliant too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back