Quinetic - How to connect?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am referring to the wireless switch/receiver which companies like TLC sell

I have a ceiling rose which has one cable coming in feeding the power and one switch cable

Can anyone advise on how to install the Quinetic wireless receiver please? I have looked online and i am still not certain

Also, to be compliant with today regs the receiver needs to be mounted to a suitable enclosure.

What mount would work best?
I would like

Sponsored Links
The QUR003 receiver has live and neutral in and Live and neutral out. How can there be any Confusion ?

is it more that you do not understand the pendant wiring?

post pics of the bit that you need clarification of (not sure if that’s proper English but CBA to edit it!)

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise on how to install the Quinetic wireless receiver please? I have looked online and i am still not certain

I guess you have choices!

1) under the floor boards upstairs
2) on the ceiling next to the light!

What are you hoping to gain ?

Thanks for the help guys
What are you hoping to gain ?

I have two lights in my bedroom

One main light and one bedside light

They are both controlled by a switch by the front door

I want to have the bedside light turn into a two way light, so that i can switch this off while in bed

From the videos, I think i can meet this objective by doing the following. Please let me know if I am wrong :D

1. Replace existing front door switch with this

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLXYPGY2MB.html

And two of these to create the two gang switch

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUGDVL.html

2. Then buy two receivers and install these by both lights in the ceiling loft

3. Then buy this and place it by the bed to create the two way bedside light

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...MI85qozbbJ6QIVxvZRCh0zQga8EAQYAyABEgLU5_D_BwE

Does this sound right?

To comply with todays electrical regs do I need to mount the receiver or put it in an enclosure of any sort?

I would put a 2 way pull cord switch in the ceiling above the headboard.

Running 3 core and E to the other switch

I would put a 2 way pull cord switch in the ceiling above the headboard.

Running 3 core and E to the other switch
Not a bad shout.. However my missus hates pull cords :D

and I don't want to chase the wall as it is made of crumbley crappy breeze block

Also, the Quinetic would give more freedom in terms of positioning and future repositioning.

You have a loft above the bedroom ?
Can you fit receivers near one of the lights
Yes, the loft is above the bedroom and the receivers can be fitted next to the light

Well I guess you need to pull the 2
Cables out the light. Leave switch disconnected. Power Into an adaptive box. New cable to both lights.

Fit one to two receivers in box.
2 if you want to control lights independently.

Well I guess you need to pull the 2
Cables out the light. Leave switch disconnected. Power Into an adaptive box. New cable to both lights.

Fit one to two receivers in box.
2 if you want to control lights independently.
Many thanks. I've successfully connected the lights using the Quinetic receiver/switches

What I would like to know is whether the receiver can be left by the light in the loft area, or does this need to be encased in some way to comply with current electrical regulations?

it needs to be encased.
As the single insulated wires shouldn't be exposed
What would be suitable to use?

Or can I use anything (e.g. hard plastic) I want as long as the receiver/wires are encased?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back