Quiz.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No my real brother, though it came out after the war that we were half brothers. That wasn't known in WW2.

Helmut Kleinicke​

I had to Google

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'd never really heard of him. Only in that the name sounds like smallittle.

"I" have well known name, ran (though WIkkiP only says a manager in) a factory with a name everyone knows.
I was rumbled several times during the war but my brother bailed me out every time.

My brother was fat.

Last edited:
Albert Göring.
That's the guy.
On the small TV channels there's a series called War Factories, one prog on Skoda.
Hermann promoted Albert to run ran the Skoda factory , which is the one Germany seized Sudetenland for. They made the best armaments in Europe at the time. Their stuff worked well. The CZ tanks they made were better than the German ones - though of course G won them all.
Albert did a lot to make the occupied factory produce faulty stuff, slowly. He pitched up at concentration camp with a convoy of wagons demanding - with his name nobody objected - "workers" - who escaped while the convoy stopped for a fag break. Nobody expected to see them again anyway...
He got arrested a few times - Hermann kept bailing him out.
If you're interested in that sort of thing it's worth watching the prog as well as a couple of articles online.
At the end of the war the factory was producing a very effective tank destroyer, but at a fraction of the rate it should have been. Story.
US bombers obliterated the factory after giving a warning, so there were few casualties.

Sponsored Links
Back