DIYnot eletricians quiz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to get my hands on a spankey new copy of BS7671, (still in its wrapper). I already have my copy so i thought, lets have a quiz. 1st prize 1 big red book.

The quiz will be on the Sunday 17/08/2008 at 7pm and will close at 9pm.

All questions will be from IEE publications or C&G and will cover all aspects of electrical work.

Quiz will be 60 questions in a A,B,C,D answer format. First person to post back the most correct answers will win.

I would ask if Ban-All-Sheds would mind excluding himself and review the questions for me.

Look foward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
"First person to post back the most correct answers will win. "

This bit stumps me so I better not enter the quiz

And you should provide a means of submitting the answers.

Some may struggle with speed when reading, and trying to reply with the answers at the same time.....you would need two screens if you simply posted the questions, and then expected a post back with the answers.

An online type affair would be far better and would ensure fairness to all.

why not post the questions at 19.00 and replies not accepted till say 20:00
any one who does loses.

and if we ask nicely perhaps a mod will sit in, deleteing any answers,(but leaving the post) so no one can cheat

perhaps quesions will be 1-10 and to enter answers must be

a1-a10 which would be easier for a mod?

Sponsored Links
Is there an alternative prize for those of us who already have a big red book?

Can you move the quiz to a different day? We have an away game against Harlequins on sunday at twickenham stoop, so I won't be home till late.

i also have the big red book but ill still play and if i win which i doubt i will the next guy can have it

Thanks breezer.

New method,

1) Quiz will be posted at 17.00
2) Quiz closes 20.00
3) No answers to be posted before 20.00
4) In the event of a tie a "tie breaker" question will be posted. This will be along the lines of "how many cats eyes are there on the M1"? Closest answer wins.

If anyone has any other modifications, PLEASE post them.

I can do it whenever you lot want, just give me a couple of weeks to compile the questions.

Is there an alternative prize for those of us who already have a big red book?
Is there an alternative question reviewer for those of us who'd like to win a copy? ;)

Avoid all the problems of posting answers - set up a Hotmail/Google email address (assuming you'll be given dispensation to post it), and have people email you the answers.

And have the winner chosen by random selection from all the correct entries rather than who gets in first.

since you cant post email addresses (yes i read about the dispensation, but then some one will say "wel lthere are email addresses in the electrical quiz" and since you want a non electrical person to check the answers (they have to be given them first)

the obvious choice would be to ask admin to do it since you can post his email address as much as you like.

its [email protected]

vote admin for diyNOT quiz

also since admin hates everyone :LOL: , it would be a fair quiz

rather than keep replying, i am going to leave the post for a couple of days for you all to put your suggestions.

No problem BAS, i can get my college lecturer to look them over.

I have SEN, can I have someone with me to read the questions (and answer them)

According to european legislation I am aloud 25% more time also ;)

Can't wait, sounds like an opportunity to make a right old cock of our selves.

Can there be a runner up prize of 16th Edition :?:

Moderator 8
Moderator Comment Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 19:11 This message will expire on Wed Jul 30, 2008 19:11 Comment:
Wontdothatagain, please add your e-mail address to your profile.

ah, a volunteer mod already :)

or is he cheating?

Vote admin!

Avoid all the problems of posting answers - set up a Hotmail/Google email address (assuming you'll be given dispensation to post it), and have people email you the answers.

And have the winner chosen by random selection from all the correct entries rather than who gets in first.

This gets my vote.

Place the email in the post as a graphic if need be, or get admin to forward it.

Only niggle to me is that people will have several hours to google.....

Make one of the tie breakers :-
What are the three primary colours?

Most folk get it wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back