quoate on plastering ceiling??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, the customer wants me to board over artex and skim. The ceiling is 4mx8m. also needs coving, time wise i could do it in three days. but not really sure what to quoate her. i think materials will be around £100. and if i charged 150 a day that'll b around £550. cheap or pricey?

Sponsored Links
Quite reasonable for a ceiling that size.
bonded and skimmed a 7x4m artexed ceiling on monday worked out at £400.
thinking about it maybe a little on the cheap side considering the sheeting and coving, you would need a hand on that as well. £700 maybe!

See what the other guys think.

i think personally, i get the mats to about £150

would want a lab for the first day to help tack £250 (£150 +£100 lab.)

and a second spread for the second day £300 (£150 each)

makes £700

spot on AR!

Why don't they, (the customer), just get the old artex ceiling bonded/skimmed over if it's sound enough,, then fit the coving. They would save themselves a days labour, plus the cost of a helper/tacker,,,, plus the sheets of p/board, taping joints etc,,, a lot of money overall.
Is there a particular reason for overboarding, rather than just plastering over the old artex??
Good luck to you S/nasty,,, but by overboarding, they are making the job a lot more expensive for themselves.

Sponsored Links
i had exact same issue, but with a smaller ceiling, plasterer quoted £300, so i decided to bye board and screws, approx £60, covered over and now, he is coming in for £140 to just plaster.

Why don't they, (the customer), just get the old artex ceiling bonded/skimmed over if it's sound enough,, then fit the coving.

by overboarding, they are making the job a lot more expensive for themselves.
Totally agree as long as it's basically sound; wouldn’t bother with the coving though.

You want a week and a grand in the hand for that lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back