Quotation for guttering soffits etc. - please comment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a quotation for new guttering, soffits etc.- this seems to me a reasonable quote, not the cheapest but not the dearest, anyone care to comment - is it good/bad, is it missing something/paying for something I don't need?

Quotation for new UPVC fascias, soffits, gutters, pipes & verge to 3 bed detached house.

Remove old gutters/pipes
Remove old wood fascias and soffits
Remove cement eves and cut tiles back to suit new verge
Repair any rotten/damaged joist ends
Fit new 18mm fascias&soffits around house
silicone where soffits meet wall around house
fit new brown deepflow gutter to house
fit new downpipes to house
fit dry verge system to both gables of house
fit soffit vents around house
scrape moss & loose mortar of ridges & re-point with brown mortar mix
remove all waste from property

all costs include labour & materials
total costs : white upvc £2300, rosewood £2700

Sponsored Links
What's the scaffolding set up? They sorting that in the cost or what?

Guy said he'll be using ladders and won't need scaffolding?
The other higher quotes said they would be using scaffolding.
Don't really know if scaffolding is needed or not.

Sponsored Links
We would be about 1200 more but we would be doing it off scaffolding.

All the dearer quotes (ranging from £500-£1000) were going to use scaffolding.
This has put me in a dilemma - do I go for the cheaper quote and risk not having the job done properly or pay upwards of £1000 more to have the job done properly......................................decisions....................decisions :confused:

Anyways thanks for all the comments.

If you've got small tiles/slates then even superman won't be able to get it straight off ladders. Big pan tiles that can be pushed back you can get away with.

just because he isn't using scaffolding it doesn't mean you will get a worse job. also depends which tiles you have on your roof with regards to the verge. would you like another quote? from us

I had one it was spot on but i traded it for a 10m boss ally tower tht gets some use and earns quiet a few beer tokens when lent out :mrgreen:

just because he isn't using scaffolding it doesn't mean you will get a worse job. also depends which tiles you have on your roof with regards to the verge. would you like another quote? from us
Yes that would be useful but bear in mind I live in DUMBARTON (not in dunbarton as in my profile) which would be a round trip of about 1000 miles :eek:

I think I'm gonna go with this quote (do I hear hoots of derision), he's the only one who supplied me with a proper written estimate and references (which I've checked), maybe regret it in 5 years time but I'll put the savings towards a new maserati (only another £109,000 to find :eek: )

Job now done.
The guttering, soffits etc. look really good - quite pleased with the result, only slight downside was that the guys took 5 days to complete.
They didnt use any lifting platforms/scaffolding - just ladders.
Hopefully will stand the test of time (or a scottish winter) but have a lifetime guarantee so no worries.
Now where's the keys to my maserati.
cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back