Quote for a new Boiler

Yes, agreed with Lorraine. Testing a boiler effectively makes it a pre-used appliance as far as the GSIUR is concerned.

The firms that I thought might be able to help wouldn't go as far as Hemel Hempstead I'm afraid, if I hear of any others I'll post back.

Sponsored Links
A few years ago I kept a log of boilers I had installed. I estimate 75% had problems either during installation or during the initial one year warranty.

Typical problems .. screws/parts missing, pop rivets missing, leaks on commisioning, O ring clips not positioned correctly, design faults eg not crosslighting,

And I was only fitiing boilers from top manufacturers eg Worcester etc.

The safety features required are barely adequate.

50% of cookers I installed had faults eg ignition modules not connected, thermocouple incorrectly positioned, yellow flames on oven burners etc.

The EU gas appliance directive is worth jack S**T.

Manufacturers only have to send samples of their production run for testing and they make very sure these won't fail, warranty callouts for the rest are clawed back in spares sales.

I have previously worked for a major plumbing manufacturer and I wouldn't wish their products on anyone - QA was laughable.

Lorraine you will gradully learn QA is only a fantasy in the heating industry.

I went to a three year old Vaillant 824 last week.

Before replacing the diverter I noticed a leak from the pump area. Removed pump and renewed "O" ring seal.

It was still leaking and very luckily I spotted it was from the bypass joint at the back. I had to take out the secondary HE and I was amazed to find the push fit joint had never been properly inserted and the clip therefore did not hold it together.

Tony

I spent Sunday afternoon mopping up a major water leak from a Puma in a tenanted property. :(

The cold water inlet pipe to the bithermal heat exchanger had never been inserted properly into the downpipe (at the factory). Although the clip was in position the pipe was not located correctly. It was only the rigidity of the heat exchanger and the other 3 pipes that held it in place for 7 years...until Sunday.

Mains pressure water had filled the combustion chamber, the resulting leaks then wiped out the gas valve, main pcb, full sequence pcb, control pcb, timeclock, switches.

Tenants awoke to smell the boiler gradually cremating itself. :D

Should I go back and re-check all the Pumas I've issued CP12's on?

Sponsored Links
HEMEL HEMPSTEAD!!! MY PATCH!

but im not a gas man ;)

do know two excellent ones though who i use

or see my profile if mods get to it first

for some reason they feel, although im giving my e-mail out fully understanding the risks from spam, they feel they must protect :LOL:

Just a quick one to say thanks for all your responses and advice - I went with the quote in the end, it's all been completed today, and they've done a good, neat and tidy job - I'm really impressed!

Now all I need is for it to get cold, so I can actually get some use out of it....!!!

amudda said:
Just a quick one to say thanks for all your responses and advice - I went with the quote in the end, it's all been completed today, and they've done a good, neat and tidy job - I'm really impressed!

Now all I need is for it to get cold, so I can actually get some use out of it....!!!

I am really glad to hear it

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back