Quote for hanging a door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting the lock from old door as cutting it to size. It's a bit of a drive from where we live. My friend is a chippy. Not massively experienced but said £180. Isn't that too much?

Sponsored Links
i normally charge £60 for an int door but if its only one most people wont be interested and put a silly price in

i normally charge £60 for an int door but if its only one most people wont be interested and put a silly price in

Maybe £120 see what he says. It's a long way to drive. It's learning for me so mate can have the money for teaching me.

Sponsored Links
If he was experienced, then he might be able to justify, £180, but in not being, that makes the price (and the friendship) questionable - even if you are getting some training. If he's a reasonable friend, talk to him, or get a few quotes from local chippies in the area, and then watch them instead.

The customer is happy with £120. Probably could have gone higher, but it's been said now. - About 20 miles drive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back