hanging doors, price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I could, could I ask the more experienced of the chippies on this forum for a guide price of hanging internal doors, as I was just trawling through old posting and discovered that I seemingly really undercharge for hanging external doors, for I normally charge about £100-£120 for removal and refit of external doors with all the trimmings as appose to the apparent really fair price of £160.00, therefore I wonder if I am also under charging for internal at between £25-£30 depending on furniture, i.e latch - latch lock etc and does it adjust the price if I am hanging new door into old lining as I know from experience that these can be a real frustration.

Merci Buckets!

Sponsored Links
I'd like you to re-hang 9 internal fire doors for me with new hinges and locks (!)

Thanks for the quick response lets turn the answer on its head and what would you charge for 9 fire doors?

dunno mate, householder not chippy, but you sound good value to me!

Sponsored Links
When I was "doing a bit" I used to charge £40 for an internal door, customer supplied hinges, catches, handles. This often included picking the doors up though. That's Lancashire prices so I guess you should add a bit more on for a Kent price.

£25, for an internal door is about right for multiples. for a one off i would charge in exess of 45.00.

i have hung 8 internal in one long day, so 25 quid a pop aint bad.

thank you very much that has added a new light to my pricing structure, just thinking about all that extra money and the missis will be none the wiser :LOL:

I know the chippys on the jobs i work on get 20-25 quid for fire doors.
Got a quote off them for 5 doors at home and they said 100 quid.. so cant be that bad

I work as a subcontractor on sites nowadays and the average price for fitting a door to a new frame is £15...bearing in mind that the company i work for charges more to the main contractor , on a new build on a 7 hr shift i can do about 15 doors ( with a hinge jig) ..then we get £4.50 per latch , £4.50 for a pr handles and £6.50 for a perco...in all £30 each ..not bad considering its all in a new frame that you have fitted , so no excuses if it doesnt fit , all it needs is a leading edge :cool:

what about fitting fire-door linings/frames?

It's when you have to hang an new door on an exsisting frame that takes the time, if it need plaining to fit the bloody frame, on the older houses 9 time out ot 10 the frame is not true both ways :( having said that even the walls are not plumb either :LOL:

for frames the price ranges from £12 to £14 per frame ( fixed to metal stud wall) and on average i would do 16-18 per day , ( skipping lunch and the frames loaded )

Grand if it's a new build, less wonderful if it's a 250 year old building (with 240 years worth of bodgework) and has a touch of subsidence......

Scrit, where you been hiding, not heard from you for a while, few posts waiting for you over at UKW ;)

I don't often hang doors but did 9 doors into existing frames in a flat a few months ago for £980 + Vat.

All were 44mm chipboard with pre finished oak veneer and intumescent strips that were made to fit each individual opening only problem was the client ordered the doors THE SAME SIZE as the openings :( Had to trim them all with a multitrim bit in the router to avoid damage to the veneer then recut all the intumescent slots, mortive locks/latches (not Tubular) and full set of front door furniture

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back