Sponsored Links
please tell me what would be a reasonable labour charge?

A reasonable labour charge for a skilled man is £40 /hour. More in London.
One guy has already told you 10 days work.
Assuming 8 hours per day £3,200 is reasonable. The quote seems a bit cheap to me.
Jeff

Unfortunately while £40/hour is reasonable rate for a skilled Plumbers in most areas. Around here any chancer will swop a bathroom suite for £35 all in.
The Plumbing/heating trade is a mess. Successive governments have paid for & support cowboy courses in Plumbing & electrical trades. With the net result the trade is f.cked. The public want the cheapest & get a sh.te job as a result.

Licence the trades, get rid of the Cowboys & protect the public. It works in many other countries of the world.

The OP is typical, thinks everyone will rip him off. This is a result of the media.
Frankly, if he goes on price he'll get ripped off.

does a plumber earn more than a medical surgeon? Usually when it is a big job the tradesman would not charge by the hour but give an overall price. At thus rate I can see some people earning in excess of 10k a month!! I think it is out of order to charge £100 an hour for a plumber when a medical consultant would charge £150 for a 2 hours consultation.

Sponsored Links
does a plumber earn more than a medical surgeon? Usually when it is a big job the tradesman would not charge by the hour but give an overall price. At thus rate I can see some people earning in excess of 10k a month!! I think it is out of order to charge £100 an hour for a plumber when a medical consultant would charge £150 for a 2 hours consultation.

What is charged and what is earned are entirely different. Out of our £60-80+vat per hour we have to take all sorts of business expenses that you'd be forgiven for not being aware of.

£140 a day in London, must be a cash 'hobble' as we say in Wales.

I live in quite a poor area an I charge more than that....

As a confirmation that cheap isn't always best, I had some of my work given away in November as the customer didn't have the patience to wait for me, so I ended up on a job with a 'builder' who does 'plumbing and bathrooms' My price was nearly 3 times more... she wishes she'd waited after seeing my standard of work compared to his :mrgreen:

Good luck.

I think it is out of order to charge £100 an hour for a plumber when a medical consultant would charge £150 for a 2 hours consultation.

When did you last have a medical consult. Or did his qualification come off t'internet?
The following quotes £150 - £250. A "consult" is never (in my personal family experience) anything approaching 2 hours, and they will charge for any xrays etc

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/hospitaltreatment/going-private-guide/no-health-insurance/

Moron.

Yes for £150 said medical consultant will drive to your house for free to give you a quote for the consultation, listen to how you think you know what is wrong and then go back and email you lots of free medical information, along with a quote.

You can then come onto forums and ask Google fanatics if the consultant is lying or not.

Then you can you can actually have the consultation with the perfectly charming Eastern European gentleman who will do it for 15 quid cash when he has finished cleaning the windows, well his mate can anyway, he don't speak much English like but he seemed alright.

Well out of order them Plumbers. :eek:

Yes for £150 said medical consultant will drive to your house for free to give you a quote for the consultation, listen to how you think you know what is wrong and then go back and email you lots of free medical information, along with a quote.

You can then come onto forums and ask Google fanatics if the consultant is lying or not.

Then you can you can actually have the consultation with the perfectly charming Eastern European gentleman who will do it for 15 quid cash when he has finished cleaning the windows, well his mate can anyway, he don't speak much English like but he seemed alright.

Well out of order them Plumbers. :eek:

Gotta quote that boxing.....awesome..:cool: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back