R2 tests

But with an R1+R2 test all your doing is putting a conecting conductor between the live and earth at the cu?

What other dismantling takes place?

Well for a lighting circuit you would need to either take the cover off a fitting, find a ceiling rose and remover the cover or drop a switch front off to connect your meter accross line and the CPC.

With an R2 wander lead, you just touch it onto a metal part of the light fitting, or the fixing screws of a light switch. Much quicker.

You can also get telescopic poles with an R2 probe on the end for testing hard to access fittings such as at high level in factories without the need to build a scaff tower etc.

Sponsored Links
You can also get telescopic poles with an R2 probe on the end for testing hard to access fittings such as at high level in factories without the need to build a scaff tower etc.

Yes at about £100 a pop, and they might be uncontrollerable when fully extended (5 metres) :D.

I make my own out of old fibre glass fishing rods (best not to use carbon fibre or graphite :D).

great idea!

Also RF your right, I forgot an R2 test you could just touch the exposed meatal parts!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back