Rad in bathroom not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rad in my bathroom is not heating. It seems to be fed off the DHW.

The boiler feeds three valves, one for the 1st floor, one for the ground floor, each with their own thermostat, all working ok. The third valve is controlled by the HW timer, and the bathroom rad is T'ed after the this valve. The pipe after the valve gets hot, the T gets hot but the rad does not.

I bled the rad but there was no air. I took the rad off and it is clean inside. What I didn't understand is that when it refilled it took pressure off the CH system and it filled via the pipe I expected to be the return I.e. the opposite end from the T.

Any ideas (apart from get a plumber) which I am going to but can't until next week.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If there is a thermostatic valve on it try taking the head off to see if the pins stuck down. If not try turning all other rads off because it may be a blockage.

No thermostatic, just lockshield at each end of the rad, I know one works because I refilled the rad through it. But interestingly, the one on the T side, when I had the rad off the wall, did not leak any water if it was 'open' or closed. Does this mean the lock shield has failed shut? Would you expect water to rush through the valve when open?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back