rad not warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we live in a 2 bed bungalow (no upstairs) warmed by a combi boiler (glow worm E120) less than 10 years old. Everything works ok good hot water etc except for rad in main room only gets moderatly warm it is larger rad than any of the others, i have tried bleeding i also switched all other rads of leaving only main room this did make a considerable diffrence warmed up quicker and warmer once other rads on only moderatly hot. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It's a balancing problem.

You need to go around to the hot radiators and turn them all down pushing more heat to the cooler radiator.

Thanks for replying, i tried as you said but it made little diffrence to the rad in main room just moderatly hot. The radiator in main room is double the size of the other rads and their is a small rad in hallway that has no controlls on that one is always v warm, any other suggestions!!

Sponsored Links
You have to use the Lockshield valves to balance the system. Are you saying your hallway radiator has no valves at all?

Turn all the lockshield valves on the hot radiators open only 1 turn and turn the cold radiator valve on fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back