rad pipes in walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to move a couple of rads . these are drop fed and are currently in unsightly trunking.

if i chased out the wall and put 8mm white pvc coated pipe in it and plastered over would the plaster crack or will the pvc be enough insulation ?

Sponsored Links
I dont know about the plastering but I do know that the flow would be very poor and they would be prone to getting blocked!

Tony

Sadly the current systen is all 8mm to the rads

Sponsored Links
My microbore has been in the walls, plastered over for 30 years, working fine ..... The chaps just used plain ole copper & slopped plaster over it ....... Its probably a better idea to either cover or use covered pipe ......... Then again you could use 15mm pipe in a boxed in section (Make it outta plasterboard) & everyone would be happy ......... Except me of course ....... But I allways was moody ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back