Radial circuit in garage

Sponsored Links
If you already had 2.5mm cable that would help make the Choice on the way forward.

yes its a favourite size...the diy's power cable...:)
i have a bit of 1.0...:censored::D
but i keep it for lighting...led's are so low powered

btw..if one does a ring main...how does one choose the area...the load must split but does it do it from each socket..or take the low road...

will report tomorrow...got a good book to read now..
cheers
and thanks again
geof

i will ask him...as i explained if not then his boss may be
But his boss is not the person you have engaged to be the person who certifies the work.

if not i will get a 3rd party certifier from the local housing development
Who?

i am not afraid to pay for that kind of expertise and legality
i have emailed my council to see what they will charge for an inspector to do it
in any event it will be done..i will post a pic of the document on here when it is issued by whoever
this is one stage of diy i dont want to be incriminated for...insurance or resale
Then you need to understand the legal requirements (BTW - you should know that there has never been a prosecution for notification contraventions, and the chances of there ever being one are on a par with HMQ indulging Donald Trump's alleged predilection for a certain yellow liquid during a state visit).

Notifiable work may be done by anyone who can do it in compliance with Part P.

• If it is done by an electrician registered to self-certify compliance with the Building Regulations then he just does it and tells the LABC after the event.
  • If it is done by someone who is not such an electrician then either
    • that person applies for Building Regulations approval before they start work, or
    • that person engages someone who is registered as a 3rd-party certifier before they start work.

i have a bit of 1.0...:censored::D
but i keep it for lighting...led's are so low powered
Irrelevant - even under the most onerous installation conditions 1.0mm² is fine on a B6 breaker.

btw..if one does a ring main...how does one choose the area
One doesn't.

...the load must split
Must it? Why?

but does it do it from each socket..or take the low road...
¿Que?

Sponsored Links
But his boss is not the person you have engaged to be the person who certifies the work.

Who?

Then you need to understand the legal requirements (BTW - you should know that there has never been a prosecution for notification contraventions, and the chances of there ever being one are on a par with HMQ indulging Donald Trump's alleged predilection for a certain yellow liquid during a state visit).

Notifiable work may be done by anyone who can do it in compliance with Part P.

• If it is done by an electrician registered to self-certify compliance with the Building Regulations then he just does it and tells the LABC after the event.
  • If it is done by someone who is not such an electrician then either
    • that person applies for Building Regulations approval before they start work, or
    • that person engages someone who is registered as a 3rd-party certifier before they start work.

I agree with everything you have said and really will be sure that the person whom I engage to do this certification is engaged before I start this work and is registered.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back