Radial Spurs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a circuit which is running of a 15A Wylex fuse wire breaker.
From the CU it is ran in a radial, single wire leaving fuse box. However when it reaches the converted loft it enters a junction box and then all my sockets are wired as a ring into this junction box?
Can this be left as it is or should I remove the last leg of the circuit, probably crimp connect the radial circuit and therefore remove the junction box?
Also, with a radial circuit is it satisfactory to spur of a spur, can you realistically add more sockets from other sockets etc. as long as you require.
laymen terms, you have 5 sockets wired on a radial, can i add a "spur" on the 3rd socket and then spur from this again?
as long as it is all on the 15A breaker, wired in 2.5mm, nothing is going to be wrong with this?
Thanks for your answers

Sponsored Links
I have never come accross your situation before but as long as the BS3036 fuse in your CU is rated at the lowest rated conductor in the circuit then i can`t see thier being a problem.
Depending on rating factors (one your stuck with is the 0.725) then if your 15A should be fine for the 2.5mm you have installed.

An amazing debate ran on here the other month about spur`s on radials but the fact is spur`s don`t exist on radial final circuit`s.

An amazing debate ran on here the other month about spur`s on radials but the fact is spur`s don`t exist on radial final circuit`s.

Unless you're reading p363 of the 17th edition regs :LOL:
Also spot the glaring error on that page!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back