Radiator as part of hot water system not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mother-in-law has a radiator in the bathroom that noremally heats up when the hot water is on. But it is no longer getting hot. It does get hot OK when the heating is on which (I think) suggests no problem with the radiator itself.

Can someone tell me how these systems usually work? I had a look at the pipe layout in the airing cupboard but found it a bit confusing. My late father-in-law was a plumber and was quite creative I think. Is it simply a case of a feed off of the hot water side of things and feeding to the bathroom radiator independently of the heating pipes? I saw a pipe in the airing cupboard that could well be that feed if that's how it works, but couldn't see anything that could be a "return".

Any advice on typical layouts for this would be welcome, along with any advice on what could have caused it to suddenly start misbehaving.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back