Radiator calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been done already, but could not find on this site.

How do I calculate for a towel heater in a bathroom?

I need to calculate awttage or BTU's

cheers

Sponsored Links
errrr.... I use a Mac.

Is there anything else, web based perhaps?

tell us the size of the room , ceiling hight, amount of glass , if the cavity is insulated ,if the loft is insulated etc i am sure one of us will work it out for you
or failing that take the room size to the merchants you buy the rail from and they will :eek:

Sponsored Links
You'd normally see how many towels you want to dry cos thats all towel rails are.

They aint gonna warm your rusty sheriffs badge when sitting on the polo mint thats for sure.

:eek:

Okay, cheers in afvance.

I know I can only get one 45cm wide to fit on the wall, but height isn't much of a problem.

The room is 2.7 x 3m and varies in height up to about 2.4m at highest point, but alot lower than that at lowest point.

The window is single glazed and 1.2m x 1.2m.

The ceiling is new and I have insulated it with 1 inch thick foil backed insulation, and I have put a vapour barrier between the insulation and plasterboard.

Can you give me a BTU or Wattage figure please? or tell me how to do it!!!

Kevin has worked out the heat load you need for the room itself.

A towel rail is just that! Cover it with nice insulating towels and the heat output becomes virtually zero.

Best to have a rad to heat and a rail for the towels.

Only DIYERS think the towel rail heat output can heat a room ( unless you dont use it for towels ).

Tony Glazier

Oh right...well 6000 btu is a big towel rail!!!

so maybe as space is at a premium on the walls I should have a radiator below with a towel rail above...but don't like the sound of that.

not sure there is oom for a radiator anywhere else...unless I put it beneath the window.

Oh yes...and thanks Agile / Tony Glazier for your ' only DIYERS think...' comment...but as far as I know this site is about and for DIYERS!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back