Radiator Danfoss Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Happy New Year to you!

I have a radiator with a slightly seeping air bleed valve (sorry if my terminology is incorrect, it's one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007JX6CVM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Q2i.FbB2M1MZF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 )

It's nothing major, just want to fix before it gets worse.

I'm ok with trying to replace this myself, but want to make sure I'm prepared...

My question is... How do I turn off the radiator? On the right side is a thermostatic valve which is self explanatory. But on the other side there's just a plate with the word Danfoss on it. I can't find a tutorial with a similar setup anywhere. I've attached a photo.

Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• DSC_1895.JPG
    DSC_1895.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Take off the cap and screw down the innards with an allen key or sometimes a flat screwdriver.

Ah! So it's just a cap? Sorry, never even considered that. What an idiot. Thank you!

No doubt I won't have something that fits, but at least I know to check now.

The most common place for that bleed plug to leak, is the black rubber 0 ring remove the pug and wrap with PTFE tape, if you just tighten it up it will just leak again

Sponsored Links
The most common place for that bleed plug to leak, is the black rubber 0 ring remove the pug and wrap with PTFE tape, if you just tighten it up it will just leak again

Yes I think it's definitely the O ring, it looks a bit worse from wear even from the outside.

I may tighten it just while I wait for my tape to arrive.

Could I just replace the whole plug?

Yes of course you will get them from screwix as a pair for a few quid, when I fit them as new I still use a few few wraps of PTFE on them

Perfect, thanks.

Are they a pretty standard size? My property is 10 years old which I imagine must still be classed as "modern"! :)

Perfect, thanks.

Are they a pretty standard size? My property is 10 years old which I imagine must still be classed as "modern"! :)
yes they are all the same size, designer rads are different but yours is just a standard size, you dont really need to change it just remove the O ring and and wrap the existing with PTFE

Thanks all. Really appreciate the responses.

It seems a straightforward enough job - any other "gotchas" I should be aware of? (I.e. What can I expect to go wrong? :D)

when you close both valves open the bleed point till no water runs , then have a towel ready when you remove the plug, you will get more water but dont panic it will stop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back