radiator drain cocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im replacing the pipes to a radiator as they dont run level down the wall beside a door frame and have about 10 coats of paint on them.The pipes run under the rad, I want to put in a drain cock in the one going to the valve end by putting in a 'T'

I have some solder ring 'T's but which drain cock is right for these? Screwfix have 3 types,

15mm Plain inlet type A
Type A heavy pattern glanded
Type B light pattern, these two dont have a size in the book.

Whats the differnce as they vary in price?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use the solder in one, if you need to replace it it's a pig. The other ones have a screw in thread 1/2 BSP. The solder ring fitting you have will not fit these. You need a solder to 1/2 BSP T or a compression version.

If I was doing it for my benefit, I would fit a 1/4 turn type drain cock, or a lever operated ball valve (washing m/c type would do) on t the T and take a pipe to the outside. It makes draining easy.

Cheers, I see what you mean if i solder the drain cock straight on the 'T'

Er... whats BSP stand for?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back