Radiator everywhere hot but not expanding warmth

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi to all
My radiator is extremely hot for touch everywhere but in a 5 cm distance I cant feel any warmth.
The radiator is on daily for 12 - 13 hours and the room isnt warm at all , however it should be like sauna after that much heating.
Can anybody help me with my problem.
^2467844B55063F63F4571D4D71105F1DAE8487E979A81BE029^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Sponsored Links
I unfortunately dont know what is tape measure or spirit lever
but the radiator is hot everywhere in the middle and at the bottom as well , its just not expanding the warmth.

Radiators convect heat up, not forward.

If Radiator is hot and the room is cold, then the heat loss of the room is too high for the rad.

I smell wind up.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I smell wind up.

Me too!

Being fair though with the radiator at that angle heat will only emit from the top left corner as this is the highest point so the radiator is not being used to its full potential. :whistle:

Could always try raising the window sill up on the left to make it look level. (y)

Jon

But then there is the risk that the rainwater will run across to the lowest side.

Saw a nice little trick last week a Bosch laser level. Apparently about £40 but seemed very accurate.

OMG now I translated to my language what is a Tape measure and spirit lever hahahhahah I feel so dumb :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks all for the replay , probably it is the wind like Dan Robinson said , we will try to find where is it coming and fix it.

When you close the curtains, do you keep them behind the radiator?

What language are you translating into?

I am not sure that you have translated Dan correctly.

Tony

"Wind up" = An attempt to tease or irritate someone.

Some members don't think you are asking a serious question.

I am translating to Hungarian. And I am apologizing if someone thinks that I messing around , but I am not crazy just to register on this forum to irritate people around. I have this issue almost 3 months , then we moved into this house. And we tried many things but nothing helped.
And few days ago I did found this forum and posted my question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back