radiator extension tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone tell me if the solid type radiator extension tails that come in several different sizes will fit the union type valve,that is the valve with the three quarter inch nut on it please? Hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Yes cause you screw your rad tail into the valve extension.
Your valve tail is 1/2" thread on the rad side same as the extensions are 1/2" thread.

Hi again
Been looking at replies to my query.Still do not understand how it is possible to screw in solid extension,when looking at picture of extension you can see hexagon in the end of it.Am i missing something here.Just cannot figure out how to connect up a union valve to this extension?Does the extension have to be tightened up using a spanner on the outside of it and then the union tail screws into it?

Sponsored Links
Screw the male threaded part of the extension into your radiator.
Then screw the radiator valve tail into the female threaded end of your extension.

Radiator-Valve-Extensions-SMR-RVE50.jpg
15063.jpg

The hex in the fittings is so you can tighten them using a radiator allen key.

untitledmnmn.jpg

Hi
I appreciate that the hexagon is for tightning the extension but the hex is inside the male thread so surely it is not possible to screw ex in to radiator using that,hence why i asked does it have to be screwed in using a spanner on the outside of it?

The allen key gos down the centre of the extension into the hex at the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back