Radiator has come loose from wall

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: I used the existing holes in the wall and drilled them deeper and wider with a 10mm bit. I then popped in my fixings and used some 130mm coach screws that I had. One of the holes on the rad bracket needed to be slightly widened. I popped 3 of these on to each bracket and they are rock solid.
upload_2021-1-3_21-33-44.png

Once this was in place, I tightened on the valves, opened the lock shield and TRV, bled the rad. Tested for leaks (none!) and waited for it to heat up.

upload_2021-1-3_21-35-38.png

upload_2021-1-3_21-36-2.png

Sent the pictures on to the British Gas Plumber...

Thanks for your help guys. Perfect tips as always!

Sorted ..... (y)

I'd be tempted to now ask BG for a written explanation why the engineer said what he said. To condemn a perfectly good radiator because the brackets had pulled off the wall is just plain ridiculous. Sounds like he just couldn't be bothered or there's another silly clause that's been written into their terms & conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back