Radiator help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm in the process of fitting a new radiator in my bathroom, it's like for like dimensions to my old one so I thought it would be straightforward.

However the new one has big stickers on in saying flow on left and return on right and also has a blocker within the radiator near flow side. My radiator that's being changed has the flow pipe on the right side so I'm guessing the new radiator won't work correctly as it has the blocker inside.

Changing the pipework around isn't really an option as the pipes are within a tiled stud wall. I have included pictures of the new radiator.

Any advice please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312_131523.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312_131523.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20210312_131554.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312_131554.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
It not a double so unfortunately can't flip it round, only single panel

it is not a blocker, it is a diffuser baffle, the rad must be fitted direction orientated or it wont work properly

Sponsored Links
try tracing the pipes back to where they join the main circuit you may be able to cross them their, its either that or floor up time

Can the rad not be flipped upside down (rotated 180 degrees)to get the correct orientation, and use the threads that are currently plugged and vented and vice versa?

Can the rad not be flipped upside down (rotated 180 degrees)to get the correct orientation, and use the threads that are currently plugged and vented and vice versa?
This was option I thought about trying, however I'm not sure what effect it would have on the blocker/baffle which is inside the radiator because I think that it is there to push the water upwards but by turning the radiator 180 degrees this would move it to the top of the radiator

try tracing the pipes back to where they join the main circuit you may be able to cross them their, its either that or floor up time
Not a option as there's fitted wardrobes where the pipes come out of the stud wall and joins main circuit. Looks like I might have to change the radiator to a double panel so it can be flipped back to front

This was option I thought about trying, however I'm not sure what effect it would have on the blocker/baffle which is inside the radiator because I think that it is there to push the water upwards but by turning the radiator 180 degrees this would move it to the top of the radiator
You are correct, that is exactly what it is there for so has to be at the bottom

Contact Duratherm and ask them, there may well be a workaround, they will have been asked this thousands of times

have read some posts about removing the baffle and some about swapping the sides, I dont personnaly think it is possible but to be honest I have only ever installed these as they were designed to be installed so I am no authority on them by any means

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back