Radiator in alcoves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a cold room, most likely because it's a corner bedroom of an end of terrace home with no cavity (circa 1900 build).

I built some very nice wardrobes in the alcoves (which are on the outside wall) which will have to be moved because despite my best efforts, the clothes inside get very cold and mouldy in the extreme.

I'm thinking about moving them to the other side of the room and instead, installing a couple of vertical radiators in the alcoves, in the hope that the average temperature of the walls stays higher and keeps the room overall warmer.

Does anyone think there are any flaws with this idea? Am I nuts?

Capture.JPG

Sponsored Links
How about insulating that outside wall with some Kingspan insulation, and plaster boarding on top?
John :)

Not a bad idea. Considering the realization of how much heat must be lost through that wall, it might well be worth it!

Wouldn't really be able to do the bay though, or the wall to the left of it but it's better than nothing I guess.

Sponsored Links
I guarantee it....within the wardrobe, stick some foam insulation in with No Nails or similar, and do the floor as well.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back