Radiator Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently bought a flat and am currently very early into my DIY journey, so apologies in advance for my limited understanding.
I noticed one of the radiators does not heat up, so I had a look online for common issues and decided to see if the pin in the TRV valve was stuck.
Got myself some plumbing grips and assumed that the black part (see in the image attached) was what needed to be unscrewed in order to remove the head. However it barely budges. I don’t know if that’s because it’s stuck and I just need to force it, or because that’s not how it’s meant to be removed and I’ll break it if I do force it. Any pointers on how to get the head off?

IMG_6674.jpeg

Sponsored Links
There is a grub screw in that little hole on top of the black part which needs to be undone with a small Allen key before you can unscrew the black part.

Reactions: CBW
1705067500730.png

Grub screw as mentioned but i think they may be just push on and tighten the grub screw.
I had them in my old house but can't remember now.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back