Radiator Length vs Window Width

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I am measuring up for radiators for under windows. Do I find the closest match to the window width (i.e. 1600 window = 1600 radiator) or do I allow for fittings/TRV's i.e. 200mm (i.e. 1600 window = 1400 radiator). Not sure what looks best? Is 200mm enough?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Yep makes sense but if I have the option of single / double radiators vs the required output for the room I would probably go for what looks best (i.e. longer single panel radiator)

Not sure now though

Yep makes sense but if I have the option of single / double radiators vs the required output for the room I would probably go for what looks best (i.e. longer single panel radiator)

Not sure now though

Yes thats the best way to do it , work out the heat output you require then look at different physical sizes of radiators to see which would look better

Sponsored Links
the bigger the rad the less wall space you will have just go for a smaller double if that's what the room needs

The wider a rad the more even the heat output is. Suingle panels are therefore best.

It looks best if a rad is the same or slightly wider than a window.

There is no harm done by oversizing a rad and indeed it can enable the boiler to be more efficient.

Dont let plumbers put in the minimum size rad that their calculators say will provide the required heat. Choose what looks best as you have to live with it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back