Radiator pipework below new floor level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am constructing an extension in place of a lean-to. The EA has specified that my new ffl is to be the same as the main house. The lean to was about 200mm lower.

The new build is on a raft, but due to the ffl, existing radiators pipework would enter the new build in the raft not above it. (This is also the case with some electrical services but not as major).

Can I form a duct around this pipework and pour the raft around it?
If something like this would be possible, how would I maintain the integrity of the DPC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James.

Sponsored Links
Try Hepworth Conduit System, or Hepworth pipe in pipe. Thread pipe through conduit before placing in concrete
oldun

Make the duct first, the thing you must guard against is the pipework being solidly embedded in concrete, it will eventually snap.

Don't see how you will have dpc problems. I'm imaging a standard construction and all you are doing is raising the internal floor level.

Would a raised floor make things simpler/easier?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back