Radiator plug size query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

We have a radiator that is leading from the port by the bleed valve. It looks like the rubber seal has perished and I'd like to replace it. I've measured the OD and it's an inch, I'm assuming this means it's 3/4" fitting and I should look for a bsp plug? Please can someone confirm this?
[/code]

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the quick reply, is there any way I can confirm this? Presumably I need to drain the rad and check what actually screws into it rather than the nut on the outside.

Over tightened and damaged O ring is common, isolate rad at the valves and replace O ring, no need to drain or refill most of the time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gav, will do. Bumped into a plumber outside this morning showed him a photo of the leak and he said it's probably easier to replace the rad... What is the world coming to..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back