Radiator plumbed in to hot water, not central heating.

Find a good local engineer and offer to pay him for a survey to try to find s practical solution say an hours labour. I would do it

It may be possible that the original connections to the wc rad are in with the mega flow and can just be relocated if this is the car your only looking at s couple of hours work. Of course it could be much more complicated

Sponsored Links
Good advice, thanks. Think I'll try that. My issue is that I took months deciding on these guys as they had amazing reviews. Pretty much lost hope of finding someone reliable now...!

Doitall... There are no TRVs.

Ok, and all the radiator valves are open including the two with the problem, and there's definitely no heat getting to any of the other rads in the dhw only mode.

Sponsored Links
No, none. There are no rads other than the two mentioned working off the hot water setting, fir certain. Can I ask the relevance please? This has been plumbed wrong, he's admitted connecting to old WC pipes which are HW. The rest if the house has no problem whatsoever. I'm not fault finding, just trying to establish what cost setting it right might be.

Ta

I was trying to establish how the two rads were connected and to which pipes.

If they are connected to the hot water pipe, where is the return connected too.

Do the two rads get hot, or only when you run a tap.

Is the Wc rad existing and did it work.

I think we'll find the WC rad is connected to the primary pipes from the boiler to the cylinder cupboard the same as you would a towel rail, and not the hot water pipe.

Until the problem is identified you can't add a rough cost, basically if they are both wrong then you need to run a pair of pipes back to the MV heating circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back