radiator problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my radiators, a couple of weeks ago they were all working fine, then suddenly the downstairs rads stopped heating up. We were told to check the pump was working, so my husband had a fiddle with it and tha rad in the hallway started to warm but the living room one didn't. The hallway rad got no hotter than tepid, so we bled all the radiators - water ran clear immediatly. Then we were told to turn off the rads and switch on the ch then turn the rads back on 1 by 1 as they began to heat. we started with the living room rad - it heated up within minutes, as soon as we turned any others on it cooled, the more that were turned on the colder it got. A week on none are heating up particularly well, the hot water is scalding though. The pump is hot and so are the pipes surrounding it, plus the valve pipes.
:(
help would be greatly apprecieted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back